Project based chapter structure Re-design
To support increased Chapter member engagement and respond to the desires of students, the PSU & OHSU IHI Open School Chapter embarked on a six-month redesign process. Our new Chapter structure is built on student engagement in different capacities including leadership involvement, program liaison opportunities, and Chapter-approved project experiences.
The Chapter’s increased focus on population health projects required a new Chapter position and new processes.
Project Management Coach responsibilities:
Recruit for new Chapter projects through various forms of communication
Engage interested project leads or new projects
Act as liaison between leadership team and projects
Provide ongoing coaching and support for project development and spread
PROJECT TOPICS: 100 Million Healthier Lives Campaign as the model
- 100 Million Healthier Lives is an unprecedented collaboration of change agents pursuing an unprecedented result: 100 million people living healthier lives by 2020. The campaign’s vision is to fundamentally transform the way the world thinks and acts to improve health and well-being. Learn more here: http://www.100mlives.org/
- The campaign has prioritized 9 “whats”: 9 specific areas needing improvement. These can serve as examples of project topics that would support the effort; other projects may support it as well.
- Address equity gaps – this is the “price of admission” in 100 Million Healthier Lives.
- Help all kids have a great start in life, with all the skills they and their families need to flourish from cradle to career.
- Support veterans to thrive.
- Reclaim the health, wellbeing, and dignity of indigenous communities.
- Address the social and behavioral determinants of health across health care, the community, and social services, with a special focus on vulnerable populations.
- Make mental health everybody’s job, across the continuum of health care, the community, public health, and social services.
- Improve access to primary health care for all.
- Create the best possible wellbeing in the elder years and at the end of life.
- Engage everyone in improving their own health and in building a culture and practice of healthy living
BECOMING A PSU & OHSU IHI OPEN SCHOOL PROJECT
- The Chapter is actively seeking projects in support of IHI’s 100 Million Healthier Lives campaign
- Explore our current projects here and learn how you can get involved
- Interested in applying to have a project be supported by the PSU & OHSU IHI Open School Chapter? Apply Here